The Korean Chemical Society,
- Has been an active member of the Federation of Asian Chemical Societies (FACS) since 1979. In 2005, the 11th Asian Chemical Congress (ACC) was held in Seoul.
- Joined the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) as a national adhering organization in 1963. In 2015, the 48th General Assembly and the 45th World Chemistry Congress of the IUPAC (IUPAC 2015) was held in Busan.
- Singed the Journal Publishing Agreement - Chemistry an Asian Journal - with Asian Chemistry Editorial Society (ACES) in 2005.
- Has been participated in the International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO) since 1991, and held the 38th International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO-2006) at Yeongnam University, in 2006.
- Signed a memo of understanding Between KCS-JAIMA (Japan Analytical Instruments Manufacturers' Association) in 2008.
- Signed the KCS-RSC (Royal Society of Chemistry) International Cooperation Agreement in 2009, and extended the agreement by another 5 years in 2014.
- Signed the KCS-Journal Publishing Agreement - Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry - with Asian Chemistry Editorial Society (ACES) in 2011.
- Signed the KCS-Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics Partnership Agreement (PCCP) in 2011.
- Signed the Bilateral Cooperation Agreement with KCS-GDCh (Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker) in 2012.
- Signed the Pacifichem 2005 Co-sponsoring Agreement in 2001, the Pacifichem 2010 Co-sponsoring Agreement in 2006 and the Pacifichem 2015 Co-sponsoring Agreement in 2011.