화학업체와 학교 및 기관의 구인/구직 소식을 살펴보실 수 있습니다.
게시물 등록에 대한 문의사항은 오민영 firstname.lastname@example.org 메일로 해주시기 바랍니다.
※ 게시물 등록절차 : 로그인후 글 작성(비공개) 담당자에게 자동통보 확인 후 게시물승인(공개)
※ 주의사항1 : 업체명이 없는 (예:헤드헌팅) 등록 글은 통보 없이 삭제 처리됩니다.
※ 주의사항2 : 게시물 승인이후 수정 하실 경우 다시 비공개로 전환됩니다.
출연연 Argonne National Laboratory - postdoc position - superconductor
Argonne National Laboratory, Postdoc position - Superconductors
Postdoctoral Appointment – Emerging Materials (400511)
Materials Science Division has an opening position of postdoctoral appointee. The research project aims at discovery of new superconductors. Experimental work involves synthesis and crystal growth of a wide range of bulk materials by structural, optical, magnetic and electrical characterizations of crystals.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Primary major in synthesis, crystal growth and characterization for solid state bulk materials in the area of chalcogenides, pnictides, oxides, halides, and intermetallic alloys.
- A strong experimental and theoretical background in crystallography, magnetism, transport property measurements, and electron microscopy.
- Experience with large scale crystal growth using Bridgman technique, Czochralski, Floating zone, and molten metal/salt flux is highly preferred.
- A strong experimental and theoretical background in crystallography, spectroscopy, and charge transport measurements.
- Note: Nanoscience, thin film and deposition, and organic or bio-related areas are not in consideration for this position.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. in chemistry or materials science or equivalent.
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills and work well with others in a team oriented environment.
This position will involve a considerable amount of experimental laboratory work with a variety of synthetic techniques such as high temperature solid state reaction, flux reaction chemistry, and purification and crystal growth using zone refining and Bridgman techniques. The work will also include a variety of physical measurements such as electrical resistivity, heat capacity, X-ray crystallography, gamma-ray spectroscopy, and related techniques. The candidate is expected to think and work independently and conduct research in a highly interdisciplinary environment of chemist, physicist and materials scientists.
Application to be submitted
Argonne National Laboratory website:
Requisition Number: 400511