화학업체와 학교 및 기관의 구인/구직 소식을 살펴보실 수 있습니다.
게시물 등록에 대한 문의사항은 오민영 email@example.com 메일로 해주시기 바랍니다.
※ 게시물 등록절차 : 로그인후 글 작성(비공개) 담당자에게 자동통보 확인 후 게시물 승인(공개)
※ 주의사항1 : 업체명이 없는 (예:헤드헌팅) 등록 글은 통보 없이 삭제 처리됩니다.
※ 주의사항2 : 게시물 승인이후 수정 하실 경우 다시 비공개로 전환됩니다.
출연연 Argonne National Laboratory, Postdoc position – Detector Materials
Argonne National Laboratory, Postdoc position – Detector Materials
Postdoctoral Appointment - Emerging Materials (400512)
Materials Science Division at Argonne National Laboratory has an opening position of postdoctoral appointee. The research project aims at development of solid state semiconductors for high performance nuclear radiation detectors. Experimental work involves synthesis, purification, and crystal growth of a wide range of bulk materials followed by structural, optical, and electrical characterizations of the grown crystals.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Primary major in synthesis, large crystal growth and characterization for solid state bulk materials (chalcogenides, halides, oxides, intermetallic alloys).
- Experience with large scale crystal growth using Bridgman technique, Czochralski, Floating zone, and molten metal/salt flux is highly preferred.
- A strong experimental and theoretical background in crystallography, spectroscopy, and charge transport measurements.
- Nanoscience, thin film and deposition, and organic or bio-related areas are not in consideration for this position.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. in chemistry or materials science or equivalent.
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills and work well with others in a team oriented environment.
This position will involve a considerable amount of experimental laboratory work with a variety of synthetic techniques such as high temperature solid state reaction, flux reaction chemistry, and purification and crystal growth using zone refining and Bridgman techniques. The work will also include a variety of physical measurements such as electrical resistivity, gamma-ray spectroscopy, X-ray crystallography and related techniques. The candidate is expected to think and work independently and conduct research in a highly interdisciplinary environment of chemist, physicist and materials scientists.
Application to be submitted
Argonne National Laboratory website:
Requisition Number: 400512